August 7, 2020
Good Morning CCA Families,
We are so thrilled to be starting school on campus this coming Monday, August 10th! This year our orientation looks a little different. All of your orientation materials are found in this email and some physical forms will also be coming home on the 1st day of school. Be sure to read this email thoroughly to make sure your student is ready for the school year!
For how-to videos and FAQ’s, please refer to our website at CHRIST’S CHURCH ACADEMY
CCA Proud, Dr. Madison Nichols
Christ’s Church Academy “E-Orientation”
- Fill out the STUDENT INFORMATION FORM; AUTHORIZATION FOR EMERGENCY CARE form and return to teacher/first-period teacher (form coming home 8/10 and return on 8/11).
- PARENT PERMISSION FOR NON-PRESCRIPTION MEDICATION form (for upper school students only) should be completed if you want the school to administer any of the medications listed. Please return the form to Nurse Diehl (form coming home 8/10). Medication listed on the form is provided by CCA.
- ***If your child has a serious medical condition or life-threatening allergies, please be sure to email or call Nurse Diehl by Friday, August 7TH at 3 pm CDIEHL@CCAJAX.ORG 904-268-8667
- If your student requires emergency medication or daily medication, please bring the medication and enter through the Welcome Center on Monday morning (after you drop your student off in the carline). Medication forms will be available and Nurse Diehl will be at the Welcome Center to assist you. If you are shopping at the used uniform sale today (8/7), you may pick up the medication forms and /or drop off medication at that time.
Athletic Department (Upper School Only):
- ALL student athletes should turn in their EL02, EL03, Athletic Permission Slip, and Sports Waiver they can be found on our website and printed. Turn in to Kurt Dugan.
- Booster Club Applications can be found on our website.
Important Downloads and subscriptions
- Download the free CCA APP on your smart device (not Renweb APP!) by going to your app store and searching Christ’s Church Academy. *Look for our Eagle logo!
- Subscribe to the CCA newsletter through our website or by clicking HERE
- Be sure you know how to log in to your PARENTSWEB account by going to www.ccajax.org and clicking on ParentsWeb in the top right corner - Using District Code: MCS-FL then entering your username and a password
School Supplies, Digital Signatures, and Masks:
- School Supply check-lists can be found here: SCHOOL SUPPLIES. Please be sure to bring a clean mask/face covering to school every day.
- Read the 2020/2021 STUDENT/PARENT HANDBOOK on our website.
- Go on the CCA APP, sign and send your Electronic Form “Acknowledge and Receipt of Student/Parent Handbook 2020/2021”. This form is REQUIRED for ALL FAMILIES.
- Review the CCA ReOpening Plan and be sure to bring a clean mask/face covering to school every day.
Class Schedules and Teachers
- Go to ParentsWeb and log in to download your student's schedule, see class locations, and learn who their instructors will be. This page also shows you how to find out about lesson plans, homework assignments, and view grade books.
- (Upper School students) Directions for downloading your student's schedule can be found on our website HERE.
Extended Care (K-8thgrade only)
- Register for extended care by filling out the Electronic form on our app or by printing from our website.
Arrival/Dismissal and Carline Information
- Attached is a letter for detailed arrival/dismissal and carline information.
- You can also view carline routes and directions on our website HERE.
- Remember that we will not take any cash this year and your student must have an SLA lunch account. To find out how to create your account and load funds, see our website.
- CCA operates on varying bell schedules. This year we have created modified schedules to optimize the school day and abide by Covid19 protocols. You can view the schedule by visiting our website.
Please also note:
*Kindergarten will be receiving an additional orientation email from Mrs. Kelli Nolan as it pertains to this grade level.
*Upper School (6-12 grades should see the attachment specifically for their grades.)