Our CCA band explores music theory, music history, and is encouraged to attend professional performances such as the Jacksonville Symphony Orchestra. Many student take private lessons from JSO members and teachers from local colleges. We encourage our students to perform in other areas outside our school, such as in their places of worship, and community performances such as Tuba Christmas at the Landing and Yuleslide.
The CCA Band is home to 20 percent of the schools' 5th - 12th grade student body. Students can begin their love of music and band as early as the fifth grade! All band students meet in class every day and Upper School band members rehearse after school several times per year.
CCA Band plays at home football games, pep rallies, school Chapel services, graduation, and performs several concerts each year. In addition, the band performs at the Florida Bandmasters Association Music Performance Assessment where it has received highest ratings in its class each year.
Over the last five years, CCA Band students have been awarded over $1,000,000 in scholarships!
CCA Band Accomplishments 2016-2017
- One Band member chosen for the Nine Star All State Band. She auditioned and made first chair. (FBA Sumer Convention)
- Three members chosen for the Jacksonville Youth Symphony
- Twenty Six members played solos for the Florida Bandmasters Solo Assessment. Twenty two solos rated Superior, four rated Excellent
- Three Soloists qualified for State Solo Assessment. Two were rated Superior and one was rated Superior with Distinction because he played the solo from memory.
- Two Middle School Band members were selected for the All District Band
- Four High School Band members were selected for the All District Band
- One band member was selected for the All State Band.
- The CCA band received the highest rating in their class, (Superior), at their Music Performance Assessment again this year.