About our Educational Philosophy
If a Christ-centered educational experience is important to you, you'll be happy to know that Christ's Church Academy is more than a name, and Christ is first in our name for a reason. CCA's educational philosophy is built on the foundation of Christianity, and is shared with students daily in every grade. Every faculty member stresses fundamental teachings of the Bible and the development of Christ-like attributes, and our administration has incorporated many spiritually-grounded activities for students throughout the school year. There never has been and will never be a Christ's Church Academy without Christ.
A Note from the Head of School
These are exciting times at Christ's Church Academy.
We have cast a vision designed to answer God's call to excellence for everyone at CCA. This calling sets us apart, as we continuously work to create and sustain relationships, personalize and individualize instruction, and focus on discipleship, professional development, and academic improvement for the glory of God.
The mission of Christ's Church Academy is to make disciples (Matt. 28:19), more disciples (Mark 16:15), and better disciples (Acts 2:42), through academic, athletic, and artistic excellence.
Our desire at CCA is build relationships and foster a family atmosphere by offering a safe, nurturing environment where students realize their God-given potential and learn to impact the world.
-Dr. Madison Nichols, Head of School
About our School
Christ's Church Academy is housed on a beautiful nine-acre campus in Jacksonville, FL. The school has over thirty-one classrooms, four music suites, two computer labs, two art studios, a media center, administrative offices, extended care area, and cafeteria dining area. CCA also has an expansive auditorium, gymnasium, a high school courtyard, two playground green-spaces, a fenced recreational area, and a ten-acre athletic complex that includes baseball, softball, soccer, and football fields.
- FCIS - Florida Council of Independent Schools
- ACSI - Association of Christian Schools International
- FKC - Florida Kindergarten Council
- SACS - Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
About our History
Christ's Church Academy, originally Mandarin Christian School, began its inaugural year August 29, 1995, enrolling kindergarten through fifth grades. Sixth, seventh, and eighth grades were added in 1996, 1997 and 1998, respectively. High school began in 2005 and was completed with the addition of twelfth grade in 2007. Christ's Church Academy has realized a long-term goal by establishing a school to serve the Mandarin community, and continues to expand its reach to the entire First Coast.
In our lives, values determine our priorities by outlining what we believe to be important. These values form the foundation of our personality and give strength to our convictions.
At Christ's Church Academy, we strive to be worthy mentors for your child as they begin to define their own set of values. CCA's board, administration, faculty, and staff believe that relationships with God, then others, are the foundation of a successful Christian school. We believe that, by modeling the Fruit of the Spirit (love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control), we can develop Christian character in our students. We believe it is critical to communicate the worth of hard work and self-discipline. We believe that academic excellence must be a priority because it is vital that we do all things to our best ability for His glory. We believe that, by teaching and modeling these principles, students will be empowered to reach their God-given potential and will be best positioned to love God, love others, and love themselves.
"We were hoping to have a school environment that would provide a positive influence on our son - and CCA has done that."
- High School parent
We have defined the CCA value set through much study, prayer, and seeking of wise counsel.
- We guide students in developing a transforming relationship with Christ, which fosters a Biblical Worldview evidenced by the way they live. (Colossians 1:16-17) (Genesis 1:1) (Nehemiah 9:6) (John1:1-1) (2 Timothy 2:15-16)
- We provide scholastic excellence in academics, athletics, and the arts, all focused to help students mature as Christian leaders. (2 Corinthians 8:7) (Romans 15:14).
- We are committed to developing Christ-like character in all relationships by intentionally loving God and loving others. (John 13:34-35) (Galatians 5:22-23) (Matthew 22:37-39)
- We celebrate the gifts and talents in each of our students by providing differentiated instruction which ensures the ability for each learner to reach his/her highest potential. (Romans12:6-8) (1 Corinthians 12:4-7)
- We believe God’s Word is the foundation for our lives, the model for how we live with integrity in all our thoughts, words, and actions. (2 Timothy 3:16-17) (Matthew 4:4) (Hebrews 4:12). Academics are taught from a Biblical worldview.
If you would like to talk with us about our core values and how those values would mesh with the values of your child and family, please contact our Admissions Department and schedule a visit. We would LOVE to meet you!