Mission, Vision and Values
The mission of CCA is to make disciples (Matt. 28:19), better disciples (Acts 2:42), and more disciples (Mark 16:15) through excellence in academics, athletics, and the arts.
At CCA, a college preparatory school, God calls us to excellence. This calling sets us apart by how we do the following for the glory of God:
Create and sustain relationships
Personalize and individualize instruction
Focus on continuous discipleship, professional development, and academic improvement
CCA exists to make disciples, more disciples, and better disciples.
We develop Christ-like character by modeling the Fruit of the Spirit when the staff comes alongside students as they learn the values of hard work and self-discipline. The attributes are the keys to reaching our God-given potential. We believe that God's power and grace at work in our lives and transforms relationships and character. Relationship transformation is evidenced by how we speak to and treat others. We expect academic excellence because we do all things for His glory as we love God, and love others as we love ourselves.
We have defined the CCA value set through much study, prayer, and seeking of wise counsel.
We guide students in developing a transforming relationship with Christ, which fosters a Biblical Worldview evidenced by the way they live. (Colossians 1:16-17) (Genesis 1:1) (Nehemiah 9:6) (John 1:1-1) (2 Timothy 2:15-16)
We provide scholastic excellence in academics, athletics, and the arts, all focused to help students mature as Christian leaders. (2 Corinthians 8:7) (Romans 15:14).
We are committed to developing Christ-like character in all relationships by intentionally loving God and loving others. (John 13:34-35) (Galatians 5:22-23) (Matthew 22:37-39)
We celebrate the gifts and talents in each of our students by providing differentiated instruction which ensures the ability for each learner to reach his/her highest potential. (Romans 12:6-8) (1 Corinthians 12:4-7)
We believe God’s Word is the foundation for our lives, the model for how we live with integrity in all our thoughts, words, and actions. (2 Timothy 3:16-17) (Matthew 4:4) (Hebrews 4:12). Academics are taught from a Biblical worldview.
If you would like to talk with us about our core values and how those values would mesh with the values of your child and family, please contact our Admissions Department and schedule a visit.
About our Educational Philosophy
If a Christ-centered educational experience is important to you, you'll be happy to know that Christ's Church Academy is more than a name, and Christ is first in our name for a reason. CCA's educational philosophy is built on the foundation of Christianity, and is shared with students daily in every grade. Every faculty member stresses fundamental teachings of the Bible and the development of Christ-like attributes, and our administration has incorporated many spiritually-grounded activities for students throughout the school year. There never has been and will never be a Christ's Church Academy without Christ.
About our School
Christ's Church Academy is housed on a beautiful multi-building campus in Jacksonville, FL. The school has over thirty-one classrooms, four music suites, two computer labs, two art studios, a media center, administrative offices, extended care suites, and a cafeteria dining area. CCA also has an expansive auditorium, gymnasium, a high school courtyard, two playground green-spaces, a fenced recreational area, and a ten-acre athletic complex that includes baseball, softball, soccer, and football fields.
- FCIS - Florida Council of Independent Schools
- ACSI - Association of Christian Schools International
About our History
Christ's Church Academy, originally Mandarin Christian School, began its inaugural year August 29, 1995, enrolling kindergarten through fifth grades. Sixth, seventh, and eighth grades were added in 1996, 1997 and 1998, respectively. High school began in 2005 and was completed with the addition of twelfth grade in 2007. In 2022, CCA relocated to a new multi-building campus on Greenland Rd. Christ's Church Academy has realized a long-term goal by establishing a school to serve the Mandarin community, and continues to expand its reach to the entire First Coast.
Expected Student Outcomes
CCA’s Mission Statement gives the school a purpose that transcends normal educational requirements. CCA and its community exemplify everyday acts that are examples of our mission and values. The portraits of CCA graduates are all living philosophies that embody the fundamental principles that define the school and the expected student outcomes. CCA also recognizes that the character of an 18-year-old's work ethic or academic endeavors are far from being complete, knowing that the mind, heart, and overall maturity continue developing over a lifetime.
A. Spiritual (Faith and Values)
1. The student will understand and experience a personal relationship with God.
2. The student will understand what it is to be a disciple of Christ.
3. The student will strive to know and submit to the will of God in his/her daily life.
4. The student will recognize the need for Jesus in order to live a righteous life.
5. The student will learn and apply a Biblical worldview to all aspects of life.
6. The student will be able to articulate and defend his/her faith.
7. The student will honor and respect the Bible as God’s authoritative Word.
8. The student will fear and respect God understanding that this is the beginning of wisdom and that one’s true identity is secure in Christ.
9. The student will know, understand, and apply basic Biblical principles to daily life.
B. Academic (Intellectual and Vocational)
1. The student will display good study habits and research skills leading to the student’s ability to engage in the work world.
2. The student will obtain an overall intellectual education exceeding the state and national academic standards.
3. The student will develop skills to investigate, problem solve, and make wise decisions.
4. The student will use Biblical values to establish personal, academic, and social priorities.
5. The student will develop a righteous standard based upon the truth of God’s word.
6. The student will practice a strong work ethic coupled with an eternal perspective.
7. The student will seek to continue a rigorous, intellectual path, understanding the importance of developing the mind.
8. The student will seek to appreciate a wide variety of disciplines of study associated with a strong liberal arts education as the foundation. This would be characterized by proven writing, thinking and synthesis skills as well as demonstrated mastery of academic objectives in the humanities (literature and history), mathematics, sciences, and Christian doctrine.
C. Social and Emotional
1. The student will treat everyone with honor by demonstrating love, respect, integrity, and Godliness toward others.
2. The student will demonstrate respect to those in position of authority.
3. The student will commit themselves to moral, mental, visual, and physical purity.
4. The student will demonstrate a servant’s heart, exhibit justice and mercy in their relationships and resolve conflict in a God honoring way.
5. The student will understand the concepts of proclaiming the Word of God, worship, prayer, tithing, and serving.
6. The student will understand the value of serving and strive to serve others’ needs.
7. The student will have the “big picture perspective” of the world and demonstrate the love and attitude of Christ Jesus to all people. This attitude would be characterized by selflessness, humility and servant-hood and a lifestyle of obedience to seeking first the kingdom of God.
1. The student will recognize that each individual is uniquely created in the image of God and is loved by God and therefore of great worth.
2. The student will maintain and understand a lifestyle of purity in regard to anything that can be harmful to the body, spirit or mind.
3. The student will honor God by treating their body according to the Biblical standard of appropriate choices, grooming, attire, rest, care, hygiene, nourishment, and exercise.
In our lives, values determine our priorities by outlining what we believe to be important. These values form the foundation of our personality and give strength to our convictions.
At Christ's Church Academy, we strive to be worthy mentors for your child as they begin to define their own set of values. CCA's board, administration, faculty, and staff believe that relationships with God, then others, are the foundation of a successful Christian school. We believe that, by modeling the Fruit of the Spirit (love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control), we can develop Christian character in our students. We believe it is critical to communicate the worth of hard work and self-discipline. We believe that academic excellence must be a priority because it is vital that we do all things to our best ability for His glory. We believe that, by teaching and modeling these principles, students will be empowered to reach their God-given potential and will be best positioned to love God, love others, and love themselves.
"We were hoping to have a school environment that would provide a positive influence on our son - and CCA has done that."
- High School parent