Technology is an imperative piece of CCA’s curriculum, as it offers many opportunities for our students to become more engaged in their studies. To utilize all the many facets of our educational programs, each student in grades K-12 is required to have an electronic device for daily classroom use.
Lower School: Elementary (K-5) Requirements
iPad OS 14 compatible device
*Compatible devices to choose from include:
- Apple currently has models with 32gb for approximately $329 or with 128gb for $429.
- A Case to keep your iPad safe: The HDE case and it is available on Amazon and Walmart.com for less than $20. This case will not protect the glass from scratches unless you include the screen protector which is purchased separately. The ultimate protection is the OtterBox Defender series or other hard case alternatives that also offers screen protection.
Upper school: Middle School (6-8) and High School (9-12) Requirements
Windows laptop or tablet with Microsoft Office
Apple laptop or iPad with Apple pages /keynote
*refer to the above Lower School iPad compatibility if you choose an Apple device.
- For Middle School students, we strongly recommend the purchase/use of the Apple iPad as this device is what our teachers will use on a daily basis.
- An updated antivirus and spyware software is recommended, especially for PC based computers.
- A built-in camera and microphone are required.
- In the case of Mac laptops, the VGA video adaptor is required.
- A secure tablet or laptop carrying case.
** Cell phones are not considered an acceptable device and may not be used in the classroom for academic purposes.